Students and faculty can participate in classes delivered online or access online materials and activities to complement face-to-face classroom experiences using Blackboard, the University of Arkansas learning management system.
You can log onto Blackboard at learn.uark.edu with your UARK username and password.
- Email, discussion boards and chat communication tools
- Gradebook and assessment tools
- Assignment submission and plagiarism detection
- Tools for incorporating and linking content, exchanging files and managing a calendar
- Built-in visual themes using individual page layouts and color schemes
- Wikis, blogs and journals
The Help Desk staff support Blackboard and provide training for faculty to digitize, update or create course content in formats suitable for use in Blackboard.
Blackboard support documentation is available at TIPS and Blackboard for Students or under Support on the top navigation within Blackboard. Online help is available through the help.uark.edu form or by calling 479-575-2905.
Limited support and troubleshooting are available after hours at 479-575-2904.
Blackboard Help Desk Hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. to midnight
- Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 3 p.m. to midnight
If you experience a problem with Blackboard, check your computer and connection using the Support Checklist, and confirm that Blackboard is currently available at the Blackboard Dashboard. Call 479-575-2905 during Help Desk hours or 479-575-2904 after hours to alert technical staff if Blackboard Learn is not responding.
When necessary, Blackboard maintenance occurs on Fridays from 1 to 5 a.m. Notice prior to scheduled Blackboard maintenance is posted on the learn.uark.edu login page, the Blackboard Listserv (UABB9@listserv.uark.edu) and the IT Services Facebook page.
Copy or Combine Courses
Starting fall 2015, a Blackboard course will be automatically created for each class managed through UAConnect. Faculty can request previous course content be copied into a new course by completing the Course Change Request form, or they can copy previous course content manually.
UAConnect combined course sections are automatically created in Blackboard with a single master course. Faculty can also request that multiple class sections that are not combined in UAConnect be combined in Blackboard using the Course Change Request form. Master courses allow faculty to manage rosters, content and communication tasks for all sections from one central location within Blackboard. The request form also provides an option to have content from a previous course copied into the new master course.
Request an Organization
Blackboard Organizations provide departments and work groups with collaborative space, using features found in Blackboard courses, such as wikis, blogs, discussion forums and other communication tools. To get started, complete the Blackboard Organization Request form.
Integrated Classroom Tools
Third-party applications supported within Blackboard Learn include:
- Respondus online test creation and secure testing environment
- Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing, including a common whiteboard, chat, voice-over-IP and simultaneous webcams
- SafeAssign plagiarism prevention service
- Echo360 personal recording and lecture capture, making class sessions available to students on demand through Blackboard
- Kaltura video streaming
- Clicker integration with Grade Center
- HD recording and streaming using LifeSize videoconferencing equipment
- Logging into Blackboard
- Login Problems? Try Resetting Your Password
- Who can I (or my students) contact if we experience technical problems?
- About Your Course Menu
- Make Your Course Available
- Course Readiness Tutorial
- What is the Meaning of the Four Digit Term Number?
- Edit My Courses View
- Copy Your Course – Copy Previous Course Content to a New Blackboard Course Shell
- Copy or Move individual items or folders between courses
- Request Blackboard Course
- Overwrite Files in Blackboard
- Blackboard Course Reports
- Blackboard Content Collection
- Blackboard Organizations
- Add Users to Blackboard
- Firewall Information
Syllabus and Textbooks
Announcements and Emails
- Creating an Announcement on Blackboard
- How to receive alerts from Blackboard via text message
- Restrict Student Send Email Options
- Mail vs. Messages
Content and Course Layout
- Adding Content Areas
- Adding a Flickr Photo mashup into the Content Area in Blackboard
- Add a File into the Content Area in Blackboard
- Adding a Course Link into the Content Area in Blackboard
- Add an Image to an Item in Blackboard
- Adding a YouTube video into the Content Area in Blackboard
- Missing Tool links (how to enable Blackboard tools)
- Managing Menu Items
- Add a Tool Link in Course Menu
- Blackboard Course Menu Missing
- Faculty Tips for Creating a Dependable Online Test
- Create a Test, Exam, Quiz, or Survey
- Edit Test Question Options in Blackboard
- Exam Settings and Exceptions (for make-up exams, or CEA extended time)
- Change Point Value for Test Questions
- Add Images to a Test Answer
- Make Exam Available for Students in a Blackboard Course
- Blackboard Calculated Formula Test Questions
- Import Scantron Exam Scores
- Edit exam or quiz questions
- Automated Test and Quiz Regrading
- How effective was my test? Using the Item Analysis dashboard tool
- Test Settings – Showing Test Results and Feedback to Students
- Change test availability for one or more students (make-up exam)
- Viewing Survey Results
- Journals, Blogs, Wikis & Discussion Forums
- Grading Blogs
- Grading Student Assignments
- Blackboard Feedback from the Student Perspective… are they finding yours?
- Blackboard Interactive Rubrics
- NBC Learn for Students
- Blackboard Portfolio
- Create a Test, Exam, Quiz, or Survey (Style Guide Example)
- Using the Blackboard Peer and Self Assessement Tool
- Introduction to Grade Center
- Transfer grades from Blackboard to UAConnect
- Create a Total Column in Blackboard
- Create an Average Grade Column
- Blackboard Delegated Grading
- Blackboard Anonymous Grading
- Using Grading Schemas with Blackboard Learn
- Creating and Deleting Multiple Columns in the Grade Center
- External Grade
- Managing Grade Center Columns
- Creating a Column in Grade Center
- Dropping Grades
- View a Single Student in Grade Center
- Downloading Blackboard Grade Center
- Video: Downloading Your Grade Center
- Grading Offline
- Weighting Grades
- Uploading your Grade Center
- Creating Smart Views in the Grade Center
- Video: Blackboard Retention Center
- Allow Students to See Grading Rubric
- Embed a YouTube Video in Blackboard (Student Guide)
- Student Tips for Taking a Test Online in Blackboard Learn
- Blackboard Student Orientation Course – How to Self-Enroll
- Viewing Grades
- How to Submit an Assignment (Student Quick Guide)
- Discussion Board Basics for Students
- View Instructor Feedback from the Rubric
- Blackboard Self and Peer Assessment – Student