To add a Flickr photo to a content area:
- Click on the Build Content button and select Flickr Photo (in the Mashup column).
- Type in your search terms, choose your search options, and click Go.
- In this example, “Full Moon” was the search term. The results will be a list that resembles multiples of the following. You have the option to Preview the image at a larger size before you Select it. Click Select when ready.
- You will be returned to the previous window. Here you can change the display name and in the description area and give the students instructions regarding the image.
- The View toggle under Mashup Options controls how the photo will be shown within Blackboard. The default option of Thumbnail will expand to show the photo at full size when clicked but will take up less screen area when not selected. Choosing Embed Photo shows the picture at full size.
Choose from your Standard Options –
- Permit Users to View this Content is the master toggle for viewing the content. If this is set to NO, then students will never be able to see it, regardless of the Date and Time Restrictions. Instructors, Course Builders, and Teaching Assistants will be able to see the content at any time.
- Track Number of Views allows the instructor to know if a particular student has viewed the material. Only recommended for necessary items.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions controls the release of the content for student view. Instructors, Course Builders, and Teaching Assistants will be able to see the content at any time.
- Click on Submit to save the changes.
Download this post as a PDF – Adding a Flickr photo mashup into a Content Area