Tutorials and guides to help students participate in a Collaborate session.
Getting Started as a Participant in a Collaborate session
Below there are tutorials and guides to help students participate in a Collaborate session.
Note: In Blackboard Collaborate the role of “Student” is called “Participant”
Important: Before you join your first Blackboard Collaborate Session you should check your system to make sure it is up-to-date. Plan to check your system at least 30 minutes before the live session. This will give you time to troubleshoot any problems and can help prevent delays that use valuable class time.
To learn the basics, you could watch a recording called Collaborating in Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra Experience.
You’ll get the best Collaborate experience from a desktop or laptop computer with a hardwired Internet connection, however, there are options to join from mobile devices with some limitations (no moderation, no webcam or no whiteboard interactivity, and other features are unavailable). Mobile:
- Mobile for iOS User’s Guide (View on desktop | View on mobile device)
- Mobile for Android User’s Guide (PDF) (View on mobile device)
- Essentials for Participants (HTML)
- Getting Started for Participants Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Complete Participants’ Guide (HTML) (PDF)
- Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing Accessibility Guide for Participants (HTML) (PDF)
This information was taken from Blackboard’s Collaborate On-Demand-Learning-Center.