There are several new features for BlackBoard in the Grade Center and with grading assignments.
Grade Center Improvements
- Instructors can now view full titles of Grade Center columns, making it easier to distinguish between similarly-titled items. Previously it cut off the full title. Now it wraps the text to include the full name, as shown below.
- Instructors can also now view as many columns as the size of their window will allow. Previously, there was a set number of columns that an instructor could view.
- Instructors have the ability to view the Grade Center in full-screen mode.
- Instructors who grade anonymously can now grant an additional attempt for students. Previously, when the option was set to anonymous grading, the prior attempt could not be cleared, because it was anonymous.
Create Recording for Feedback
- Graded Discussion
- Graded Wiki
- Graded Blog
- Graded Journal
- Feedback in a manual grade column
- For more information on this feature, Instructors can visit the Blackboard article on feedback.
- For more information for the Student side, students can visit the Blackboard article on how to view the feedback
- For examples of video feedback, see our faculty spotlight on Kate Shoulder’s use of video feedback
New Box View (Inline Grading Updates)
- Instructors and students can download certain file types (DOC, DOCX, PDF, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX) with annotations as an annotated PDF. Students can download the annotated file after their submission has been graded. This option was previously not available and students could only view the annotations within Blackboard.
Excel-based File Annotations
- Box has enabled annotations capabilities for Excel-based file formats (.xls, .xlsx, etc.).
NOTE: There is a known issue with Chrome’s built-in PDF viewer which may cause problems when viewing the PDF documents created with this functionality. Therefore, we recommend viewing PDFs using a native PDF viewer like Adobe Acrobat.