Sometimes it can be useful to see all the actions that have been taken with a grade in order to diagnose a problem or research a claim made by a student that they couldn’t submit their assignment. The Grade History can be a great source of information in cases like this.
On the Grade History page, you can view all grade actions within a course for a set date range and export that information. You can download the grade history to your computer as a comma or tab delimited file. This version of the grade history contains more information including the IP address from which a gradable item was submitted and graded.
- Access your course, and click on Full Grade Center.
- Click Reports and then choose View Grade History.
- To filter the date range, click on the drop-down menu in the upper right and choose the time frame that you want.
- Click Go.
NOTE: In two situations, you may see Blackboard Administrator listed in the Last Edited By column:
- A student started a timed test set to auto-submit but left the test. The system auto-submits the test when the
time is up.
- A student was removed from your course and an item’s attempt grade was then cleared.
The Grade History is useful in determining the following information when investigating a claim by a student that they were unable to access or submit an assignment.
- Who did what to a gradable item or column in the Grade Center?
- Did a Student attempt an assessment?
- Did an Instructor (or Teaching Assistant or Grader) clear attempts?
- Did an Instructor (or Teaching Assistant or Grader) change a grade?