You can embed a YouTube video in Blackboard assignments (blogs, discussion posts, journals, wikis and assignments) anywhere you see the standard Blackboard text editor.
- In the third row of tools click the Mashups button and then select YouTube.
! Note: If you do not see three rows of tools, select the button on the right with two arrows pointing down. That will open all of the tools.
- In the resulting pop-up window, enter search terms for the video, and select Go.
Hint: If you already know the URL for the video you want to embed, you can paste that URL into the search field and it will find that one video.
- In the resulting window, you will see the results of your search. You can select Preview and watch the video to make sure it is the one you want before you click Select.
- After you select the video you want to embed, Blackboard will take you back to the original window. Be sure to name your post (item, assignment, etc.). You can click to place a cursor below the video and add additional text.
- When complete, select Post Entry (or Submit, Post Discussion, etc. Different tools will have different button to save).