How to access student assignments in the Blackboard Learn Grade Center.
To Grade Assignments
- Log into Blackboard and click on Grade Center.
- Click Needs Grading.
- A list of submitted assignments will be located here.
- Click on the name of a student and you will be brought to their submission.
- Once you grade the assignment, you can click Submit or Click Save and Next to grade the next assignment.
- if you want to grade a particular assignment, click the “item” dropdown menu and choose the assignment then click Go. These will be filtered and only this assignment will be listed.
You can also do the following to grade assignments
- Select Assignments below Grade Center.
- Locate the column name associated with the assignment. If there is a student submission that you have not graded, you will see a yellow circle with an exclamation mark. If you have already graded a previous attempt, the grade will appear beside the yellow circle. You can edit previous grades or grade new assignments by hovering your mouse over the yellow circle and an Edit button appears in the same cell to the right. Select the Edit button.
- A little pop-up window appears that shows any or all of the attempts submitted by the student. They are designated by the word “Attempt” plus the date submitted. Select the one you want to grade.
- On the resulting page, you will see either their text submission or a link to download the document they uploaded.
- If you would like to allow individual students to resubmit work or to clear previous attempts click on View Grade Details. You will then have the options to Clear, Ignore, or Allow Additional Attempts.
Important Note: It is recommended that instructors ignore an attempt or allow an additional attempt rather than clearing it. That way there is a record of the attempt for the sake of keeping accurate records as well as for assistance from BBhelp when an error occurs.
For information about Inline Grading using the New Box View for student submissions visit Blackboard’s help topic be sure to scroll to the New Box view instructions.
NOTE: If a student saves an assignment as a draft or if the student resubmits an assignment, make sure that the student RENAMES the file. If the student does not, Blackboard may not update the file and you may end up grading the wrong version of the paper. For example, encourage the student to add a number to the end of the file name to change it.