Item analysis gives you exam statistics for all self-graded quiz or exam questions. Item analysis will show you:
- your class’ overall performance on the exam
- student performance on individual test questions
This data will help you identify questions in your exam that students often get correct and those that are difficult. This data allows you to assess your questions to improve your exam in the future.
To access item analysis: Go to Full Grade Center and navigate to the Grade Center column for the test.
- Go to Full Grade Center.
- Go to the Grade Center column for the test and select the test column’s edit menu
- Select Item Analysis.
- In the Select Test drop-down list, select a test (Only deployed tests are listed) and click Run.
- View the item analysis by selecting the new report’s link under the Available Analysis heading or by selecting View Analysis in the status receipt at the top of the page.
Here is a detailed explanation and a video on how to use the Item Analysis tool from the Blackboard website.