Sometimes it’s much more convenient to get your notifications on your phone instead of logging in to Blackboard on a computer. One way to do that is through text messages. These instructions will make it possible to receive text message alerts from Blackboard.
IMPORTANT: When you receive notifications from Blackboard via text, you will be charged for each text message by your mobile provider unless you have unlimited text messaging. Please keep this in mind before choosing this option.
- Log into Blackboard at learn.uark.edu with your UARK username and password.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click Edit Personal Information.
- Scroll down to Other Information and type in your mobile number in the box labeled Mobile Phone.
- Click Submit.
- You will be brought to a screen that informs you that your information has been successfully edited.
- Click on the drop down menu at the top right of the screen by your name.
- Click Settings.
- Click Edit Notification Settings.
- If you are an instructor, under Bulk Edit Notification Settings click Courses I am teaching. If you are a student, under Bulk Edit Notification Settings click Courses I am taking.
- Here you can select All courses or you can choose the courses for which you want to receive notifications.
- To choose courses, select the course name and then click the right arrow button to move the course into the right column.
- Then scroll down and select the notifications you wish to receive by clicking on the SMS box for that option.
- Click Submit.