The Kaltura Capture desktop recorder enables easy recording in class, at home, or on-the-go with automated publishing and interactive viewing within Blackboard. You can automatically capture video, audio, and screen alone or in sync. Kaltura Capture can input two visual recording sources (screen or camera), and one audio recording source. With advanced features like live drawing and editing, you can enhance your viewer’s experience.
VERY IMPORTANT: Kaltura Capture minimum system requirements are Windows 7 to 10, 32-bit and above, or Mac 10.10 to 10.13., and requires a minimum of 4 GB of RAM.
There are two ways to reach the Kaltura recorder download. One is through the site video.uark.edu, and the other is from inside of My Media on Blackboard. Below are instructions for both options.
Installing from within Blackboard
Under the U of A top tab on Blackboard, there are modules (boxes) listed on the page with information. Click on the My Media link in the My Media module.
- Once you are in your My Media click on the Add New menu in the top right and choose Kaltura Capture.
- Download the installation file for Windows or Mac. If your machine already has Kaltura Capture, clicking Add New will launch the software.
- Run the installation file to install Capture.
To open Kaltura Capture, click Add New , or launch it from your device. Now you are ready to record media. For a quick tutorial, read Getting Started with Kaltura Capture.
Installing from video.uark.edu
- Go to video.uark.edu, and login. To log in, on the top right, click Guest then Login.
- Click Add New, then Kaltura Capture.
- Download the installation file. If your machine already has Kaltura Capture, clicking Add New will launch the software.
- After download completion, run the installation file.
To open Kaltura Capture, click Add New on the site, or launch it from your device. Now you are ready to record media. For a quick tutorial, read Getting Started with Kaltura.
For more information about Kaltura, please visit About Kaltura.