Learn best practices and troubleshooting tips for using the webcam and screen recording features of Kaltura.
*You are not limited to the Kaltura webcam and screen recording tools for content creation. You can create webcam and screen capture videos using any device or software you choose and then simply upload the video files to your Kaltura My Media for use in your course.*
- Please be aware that there is a 1.7 GB limit for videos uploaded to Kaltura.
- Once you upload an existing video, if you try to view it immediately it will only show you a lower resolution version of the video. This is because the system is still processing the HD version. This process can take up to 30 minutes. Afterward, you should be able to view the high-resolution version of your video.
This feature allows you to make short webcam videos. Since this is done online through blackboard it can at times be sensitive to poor internet connections. It is always a best practice to use a wired internet connection rather than wireless if at all possible.
Webcam video has sections where the video freezes on a single frame while audio continues:
- This issue happens when users are connected to wireless internet signals that are intermittent. A wired connection is always more reliable for doing webcam videos without trouble. When recording using wireless internet, make sure your computer shows a strong, consistent signal.
- Verify that no other applications are consuming network usage and that you do not download or upload anything while recording.
- Verify that your computer is not overloaded with applications that might consume Memory / CPU.
- Always take a look at your video in My Media before posting to a course to check for any issues.
If you need technical support for Kaltura, please contact the Help Desk at 479-575-2905 or online.