In many courses there may be required or supplemental skills that will increase a student’s ability to be successful. For example, students may need a working knowledge of how to use Microsoft Word as well as a familiarity with basic citation methods. These skills greatly increase a student’s ability to turn in quality papers, but in-class time would be best spent on teaching students content relevant to the writing of their papers. In an Engineering or Business class knowledge of Excel is often key to the successful completion of assignments. LinkedIn Learning has video tutorials on these subjects that you can provide for students without having to use valuable class time discussing them.
This is where LinkedIn Learning can be a highly useful resource. Certain faculty and students have access to LinkedIn Learning. Contact email@example.com for information.
Signing In For the First Time
- First, Log in to LinkedIn Learning. Go to https://www.linkedin.com/learning/
- Click Sign In.
- Click Sign in with your organization account.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- You may then need to enter your uark user name and password again.
- If you are logging in for the first time, you will be prompted to choose whether you want to connect your LinkedIn account or not.
- If you do not want to connect your account, you can choose Do not connect my account.
- You will then be asked a series of questions to help curate videos for you. You can skip some, others you cannot.
- Once you’ve logged in to LinkedIn Learning you can either search or browse for the course that’s right for you.
With LinkedIn Learning you can either share an entire course or share a video within a course.
- Login to Blackboard and go to the course where you want to share the video.
- In the content area where you want the video, click Partner Content.
- Click Content Market.
- LinkedIn Learning may not show up in the list. Click Browse All Content Providers.
- Select LinkedIn Learning.
- Search for the courses you want to include and select them by clicking the box next to the videos. You can choose multiple courses at once! No need to add them one at a time.
- Click submit. Note that it shows you how many videos you have selected.
- Click Browse and select the content folder where you would like the videos to appear then click Submit.
- An item will be created for each course.
NOTE: We do not recommend this because, if done incorrectly, it may misdirect your students to the entire course once they manually log into LinkedIn Learning instead of the individual video. If you do want to choose this option, it is important that at the end of the url you add &auth=true to each video link. Directions expanded below.
- On Linkedin Learning, go to the video you want to link to.
- Copy the LinkedIn Learning video’s URL from the address bar.
- Go to your Blackboard course, and go to where you want to create a link.
- If you want to create a independent link item, select Build Content, and click Web Link.
- On the Create Web Link Page, title it, paste the video’s URL, and append to the end &auth=true. You can add a descriptive text, or attach any documents if you’d like. Click submit when finished.
- After creating the link, test it to make sure it was done correctly. If it is done incorrectly, the link will request your login information. The &auth=true uses your Blackboard log in information to authenticate the LinkedIn Learning log in, making it unnecessary to log into LinkedIn Learning.
Alternatively, a link can be created in a block of text within an item. Follow the same directions as above by adding &auth=true to the end of the URL.