The steps below give an outline of the course development process. After going through the steps on this site and working with your instructional designer, you will develop a quality online course.
Click to expand and collapse the topics below.
Quality Matters ™
Read more about Accessibility
Steps to Success:
Examples of Learning Objectives:
Please complete the learning objective section of the course development plan. You may have more or less course objectives or lesson objectives, but do strive to keep things simple. Remember to use S.M.A.R.T. to ensure your objectives are appropriate and contain one measurable verb.
Please email your completed work to your instructional designer for review.
- Required attendance: Building Your Course Workshop (see schedule for dates)
- Build 1/2 of your course lessons (usually lessons 1-8)
- Result: Preliminary QM Review begins
- Build remaining course lessons
- Final revisions – course content 100% complete
- Result: Course opens on the Thursday prior to the first day of classes