Using the Respondus Exam tool to publish an exam into a Blackboard course.
After you have review the exam questions and made any adjustments to the question wording or the answers, you are ready to publish the exam to a Blackboard course.
Launch the Publish Wizard
- Select the Preview & Publish tab at the top
- Then on the left select, Publish to Blackboard
- Select the Publish Wizard
Important: At this point, if Respondus prompts you to configure a Blackboard server click below to configure. Then follow the instructions below.
Configure the Server Connection for First-time users [click me]
Publishing the Exam into a Blackboard Course
- Choose to publish your exam into a single course or multiple courses (default is single course.)
- You will get a pop-up asking you to log into Blackboard
- Click OK and a Blackboard login window will pop up
- Agree to the term and continue, then log into Blackboard with your UARK email address and password.
- When your course list loads, you can close the window at the top right. Click “Close After Login.”
- Click the remaining pop up, and proceed (you have now logged Respondus into your Blackboard).
- In the resulting window, choose the course in which to publish the exam.
- The drop-down menu will list all courses you have permissions to edit. Select your course.
- Choose to either publish your exam as an exam or pool. Default is new exam.
- Under the Additional options section, uncheck the 3 options. You will make these choices in Blackboard when you deploy the exam for the students. Then select Next.
- Respondus will upload the exam into the Blackboard course chosen and you will receive confirmation that the process was successful.
- Select Finish. Then log into your Blackboard course and complete the last step.