When you upload your PowerPoint to Collaborate are you having problems with some of your slides? It may be that there is some content in the slide that is incompatible with Collaborate. There are a few options that you can try to remedy the problem.
Option A: You can publish each of the slides individually to a folder (instead of uploading the PowerPoint all at once) and then try to upload them to a Collaborate session individually in order to single out the problematic slides. Then you can examine these slides for unsupported fonts, images, video, etc.
Option B: You can export the slides from the PowerPoint you are having problems with to .png image files and load the image files to Collaborate instead.
- In PowerPoint, Click the File tab.
- Click Save As.
- Click the drop down menu and select the ‘PNG Portable Network Graphics Format (*.png)’ from the list of options.
[ You could also use the ‘JPEG File Interchange Format (*.jpg)’ option. ]
- Click Save.
- When prompted, click All Slides.
- Click OK on the export confirmation dialog box.
- Go to your Collaborate session and Click Load Content.
- Go to the folder on your computer where you saved the files.
- Select all the images. NOTE: You can use your mouse and the shift key (or the control key) on your keyboard to help you select them all.
- Click Import Images as Individual Pages and click Load.
Then you should be able to navigate through the slides in the usual way on Collaborate.