Blackboard Test settings have several different options to choose from and can be confusing as to what the student will see. This posting explains what each option allows and what the students will see based on the selected test settings.
Blackboard “Show Test Results and Feedback to Students” settings have many different options to choose from, so it can be confusing determining what the student will see. This article explains each option, and shows you what the students will see based on the setting. To maintain the integrity of your test questions, it is important to understand these setting options.
No matter what settings you choose in “Show Test Results and Feedback to Students,” students will always be able to see their test scores after they complete the test. If you would not like your students to see their grades, you will have to hide the Grade Center column.
To find the “Show Test Results and Feedback to Students” settings for a quiz or test:
- Navigate to the location of the deployed test in your course
- Make sure your Edit Mode is ON, (top right of window)
- Click the edit menu (accessed by the little button to the right of the test title)
- Click Edit the Test Options.
- Scroll down the page to “Show Test Results and Feedback to Students”
- You can choose the options for when students can see the feedback.
Here are the settings you will see by default:
There are 6 main settings options:
- Score per question (Automatically set by default) – Shows the overall test scores and the scores earned for each individual question. PLEASE NOTE: if you leave this default box checked, ALL of the exam questions (but not the answer choices) will be available for the student to view after they submit their exam.
- All Answers – Shows the questions and all answer choices.
- Correct – Shows the questions and correct answers.
- Submitted – Shows the questions and the answer choices selected by students.
- Feedback – Shows the questions and any instructor feedback messages for each question.
- Show Incorrect Questions – Shows the questions and the answer choices selected by students with an indication that the answer is incorrect.
If you check NONE of the Check-boxes – Shows the overall test score only.
Here are what the students will see based on the above options:
1. Score Per Question (Note: with this default checked, students will see the exam questions):
2. All Answers:
6. Show Incorrect Questions:
If you check NONE of the boxes (only the total score displays):
If you check ALL of the boxes: