Clickers are an interactive technology that enables instructors to pose questions to students and immediately collect and view the responses of the entire class. They are often used to give quizzes, take polls, open discussions, and take attendance.
How do clickers work?
- Instructors use a USB radio frequency receiver to present multiple choice or true/false questions.
- Students submit their answers using handheld devices, known as clickers, that use radio frequency transmitters set to the same channel as the instructor’s receiver.
- The system instantly collects the results and then shows a graph, which instructors can view, save, and display for the entire class to see.
- The resulting student points can then be uploaded to Blackboard using the TurningPoint software.
Who is using clickers on campus?
Spring 2018 clicker stats:
- Over 18,000 students with registered Turning Accounts.
- 87% of all undergraduates with registered Turning Accounts.
- Over 148 course sections.
- 30 different departments on campus.
- More than 80 unique instructors.
What are the benefits of using clickers in class?
- Engage students in active learning.
- Improve student understanding.
- Encourage attendance and participation.
- Promote student retention.
- Facilitate peer instruction and team-based learning.
- Getting Started with Student Clickers
- Create a Student Turning Technologies Clicker Account
- Troubleshooting Student Clicker Registration
- Troubleshooting Student Clickers
- TurningPoint Mobile (Previously ResponseWare) for Students
- Clickers and Academic Integrity
- Get Started Teaching with Clickers
- Add Automatically Updated Student Instructions to your Blackboard Class
- Create an Instructor Turning Account
- Import Participant List from Blackboard
- Create a PowerPoint Question using TurningPoint
- Anywhere Polling for TurningPoint
- Using a Question List to Use with Anywhere Polling in TurningPoint
- Comparing Question Slides in TurningPoint
- Updating your Participant List
- Use Color Scheme to Indicate Correct Answer in TurningPoint
- Using the PresenterCard with TurningPoint
- Change Preferences in TurningPoint
- Change Your Receiver Channel in TurningPoint
- Run a PowerPoint Presentation in TurningPoint
- Use Anywhere Polling in TurningPoint to Poll Without Previous Setup
- Using a Question List for Anywhere Polling in TurningPoint
- The Response Grid in TurningPoint
- Generate Reports in TurningPoint
- Edit a Session File
- Lost Session File in TurningPoint
- Attendance Points in TurningPoint
- Import Session files to the Manage tab in TurningPoint
- Export a Participant List to Share
- Export a Session File to Share
- Export Grades to Blackboard
- Download a New Copy of TurningPoint
- Updating the TurningPoint Software
- Error Opening PowerPoint Polling in TurningPoint