Kaltura allows you to create and share videos in Blackboard.
What is Kaltura?
Kaltura can be used to record audio, create screen capture video, record webcam video, or upload an existing video from your computer. The media is then converted into multiple file formats which can be viewed in Blackboard without needing a browser plugin installed. Additionally you can create clips from existing video content and reuse videos across various courses within Blackboard.
This media can then be inserted into assignments, quizzes, exams, and course content by either the instructor or the student. Using Kaltura rather than YouTube or Vimeo provides secure and private video publishing because only students enrolled in a Blackboard course have access to videos uploaded for that course. Kaltura provides tools to search and manage course media (audio and video), including the ability to create media galleries in Blackboard.
- Getting Started with Kaltura CaptureSpace
- Kaltura Basics Tutorial
- Kaltura Best Practices
- Installing the Kaltura CaptureSpace Recorder
- Upload your Kaltura CaptureSpace Video to Blackboard
- Editing a Video with Kaltura CaptureSpace
- Adding Kaltura Videos into Quizzes or Exams – Instructional Video
- Kaltura Video Assignment Submission
- Kaltura Course Media Reports
- Kaltura My Media: Downloading and sharing videos – Instructional Video