Step by Step instructions for adding and configuring the appearance of images in your Blackboard items.
If you would like your students to see a photo, image or graphic, it is a good idea to have the image display right in the Blackboard item instead of requiring them click on a link to download it.
Follow these instructions to add an image to any Blackboard item:
- Log into Blackboard, and navigate to where you would like to add the image.
- Make sure edit mode in the top right of the window is set to “ON.”
- Hover over the title of the item, select the edit menu icon just to the right of the title and select “Edit” from the drop-down menu.
- In the Edit Item window, select the Image Tool icon (looks like a little photo of a mountain and sun):
5. Under the General tab, select the “Browse My Computer” button to navigate to the image you would like to add.
6. Please remember to add an Image Description and a Title to the image for accessibility.
7. Select the “Appearance” tab to configure alignment, dimensions, vertical and horizontal space. When you are finished, select the Update button in the lower right corner of the window.
8. Check to see if your image is displaying correctly. You may choose to resize your image by selecting the image and dragging one of the corners larger or smaller.
9. If your image is not in the right spot, or the text is not wrapping properly, select the image, and then select the “edit image” icon (with the mountain and sun) to make more edits.
10. You can also add additional images to the item by repeating the step 1-9 above.
11. When you are happy with the way your item looks, select “Submit” to save the changes to your Blackboard item.
Please note: If the image or graphic you added is taking a long time to load when you view it, some of your students may not be able to see it if the are viewing your course on slower internet connections or mobile devices. Click here for instructions on “optimizing” and resizing your images for the web.