If your instructor allows it, you may choose to use TurningPoint Mobile (previously known as ResponseWare) on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop instead of a physical clicker.
Note: Using TurningPoint Mobile (previously ResponseWare) requires an Internet connection via wireless network or cellular service. Using your cellular connection may incur data charges from your mobile carrier. Additionally, if the wireless is not working for some reason in the classroom, then you will not be able to receive clicker points for that day unless you also have your physical clicker with you.
Remember: While the app is free to download, you must have a valid Turning Account subscription (previously known as a license) in order to use TurningPoint Mobile.
Assuming that the instructor allows it, to use the app in class and receive points you must do all of the following:
- If you did not purchase a clicker set that included the Turning Account subscription card, then you must purchase a Turning Account subscription card from the University Bookstore.
- Create your Turning Account and add your subscription to this account.
- Download the App to your smartphone or go to http://student.turningtechnologies.com in a web browser, log in with your Turning Account, and click on Respond.
- Log into the TurningPoint Mobile app or website.
- Enter the session ID provided by your instructor at the beginning of each class meeting.
- When polling is open submit your response.
Download the TurningPoint Mobile App
All other devices should access ResponseWare by going to http://student.turningtechnologies.com in a web browser, logging in with your Turning Account, and clicking on Respond.
How to Use TurningPoint Mobile
With these steps you will be able to use TurningPoint Mobile instead of a physical clicker to answer questions in class.
- Open your app or go to http://student.turningtechnologies.com in a web browser, log in with your Turning Account, and click Respond.
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your University email address, and click Sign In.
- You will be redirected to the UARK Central Login. Enter your email address again and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Enter the session ID provided by your instructor, and click Join Session.
- Enter your username and select Submit. (This step is optional unless you are otherwise directed by your instructor.)
- Wait for a question to appear, and select the letter corresponding to the correct answer. Once an answer has been chosen it will change color.
- When polling ends, a chart of the class’s responses will be displayed on your screen.
Note: When polling is closed you can switch between the chart and the question by clicking on Question or Chart at the top of the screen.
Remain signed in to the app until the class is completed to ensure that you do not miss any questions.