Need help reusing questions to create a new test?
- Access the test. From the Reuse Question menu, select Create Question Set.
- In the pop-up window, search for questions in the Browse Criteria panel. Expand the criteria sections and select specific criteria. You can search within pools, tests, question types, categories, topics, levels of difficulty, and keywords. All questions meeting those criteria appear. You can also use the Search current results box to type a phrase, word, or part of a word to find matching questions.
- Select the check boxes for the questions you want to add. The questions appear in the Selected Questions area at the bottom of the screen. You can expand the area to view your list of questions. Select the red X next to a question to remove it. The question is removed from the collection, but not deleted from your course.
- Click Submit. The questions are added to the question set on the Test Canvas.
- Access the test. From the Reuse Question menu, select Create Random Block.
- In the pop-up window, select the check boxes for one or more pools.
- Select the check box for at least one question type to include. All questions that meet the criteria appear.
- Select Submit. The Test Canvas appears and displays a success message. The random block of questions is added to the test.
- Select Number of Questions to display to access the pop-up box and type the number of questions you want students to see. Click Submit.
- Select Points per question to access the pop-up box. Type a point value. This point value is assigned to each question in the random block. You can’t assign separate point values for individual questions in the same random block. So, you may want to only include questions of approximately the same difficulty.
- Select Preview questions that match selected criteria to expand or collapse the list of questions. You can view and edit individual questions.
See it in Action!
More info on the Blackboard Help site.