Respondus LockDown Browser is a customized web browser that increases the security of online testing in Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser to access a test, they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, access other applications, or close a test or quiz until it is submitted for grading. Respondus LockDown Browser works much like a standard browser, but many options have been removed or work differently. Once a test has started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
- Respondus LockDown Browser (Student Quick Start Guide)
- Respondus LockDown Browser (Instructor Quick Start Guide)
- The browser automatically starts at the UARK Blackboard Learn login page.
- URLs cannot be typed by the user.
- External links don’t compromise the “locked” testing environment.
- Pages from the assessment aren’t cached or stored in the browser’s history listing.
- Assessments that are set up for use with Respondus LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers.
- Actions and functions that are disabled include:
- Print screen and screen capture
- Copy and paste
- Right-click menu options
- Browser menu and toolbar options except for Back, Forward, Refresh, and Stop
- Function keys
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized.
- Assessments cannot be exited until submitted by users for grading.
- Task switching or access to other applications is prevented.
- Source code for the HTML page cannot be viewed.
- Screen capture, messaging, screen-sharing and network monitoring applications are blocked from running.
- Real-time facial detection alerts that help students stay within the video frame during the exam.
- “Review Priority” system that ranks exam sessions in terms of risk.
- A .”Timeline” feature that shows proctoring results in a clear, meaningful way.
- “Exam Stats” view shows key data, like the average time students spent on each question.
- In-app training videos and rollout materials for instructors.
- Options for the pre-exam “Startup Sequence” to help students.
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is only intended for use by students while taking assessments that are configured to use Respondus LockDown Browser™. This browser has not been tested for use in other areas of Blackboard Learn.